You Can Cut The Bottom Off A Hanger, Then Easily Transform It To An Incredible Storage Solution
Tahlea Jankoski 6/23/2015
Over the years of living in a home, it can be difficult to stay organized around the house. All of the "stuff" you own can really begin to add up. Add kids and pets to the equation and storage space can be even more limited. Rather than throwing things in a box and keeping it hidden in a closet or storage area, these clever storage solutions will make organization around your home easier. The best part is that they're simple and they'll keep your home clutter free. These solutions will immediately change the way any home feels.
1. Hanging a shoe organizer in a closet can make for a better way to organize paper towels or cleaning supplies such as lysol wipes and swiffer pads.
Sew Many Ways
2. Add double hooks to the inside of a closet door to hang dusters and dust pans.
Sew Many Ways
3. If you have exposed beams in your basement or a particular area of the house, cover the beams with wire shelves to use for additional space.
The Family Handyman
4. A lid rack can make for the perfect solution to organize clutches.
Fabulous Fashions 4 Sensible Style
5. A low hanging coat rack can make for a great way to hang shoes.
Saw Dust Girl
6. Prevent desk clutter by fastening your hard drive under the desk with velcro.
7. Create less cluttered cabinets by adding hooks within the shelves to hang teacups and mugs.
8. Peg boards and a basket can make for great storage of fruits and vegetables that do not need refrigeration.
9. Use an empty wet wipe container to store plastic grocery bags.
10. Ice cube trays can be used to store jewelry or craft supplies.
Nick and Caeli
11. Give a wine rack a whole new purpose by using it as a towel rack.
12. Use baskets to store different types of makeup and keep things organized within drawers.
Fancy House Road
13. PVC pipes can surprisingly make for the perfect solution to store your curling iron. Find the size of your curling iron barrel and pick a PVC pipe accordingly.
Family Handy Man
14. Install a magnet to hold onto the tweezers we all misplace every time.
15. Or, use a larger magnetic strip to store bobby pins. It can be difficult to keep track of those things!
16. Save the baby wipe container to store the kids crayons when you're on the go.
17. No one likes to stack pot lids in a cupboard or drawer. With this easy trick, you won't have to. Use a towel rack inside of a pantry door to store lids.
18. Use nails and a vintage frame to keep sewing thread neat and organized.
Grey Luster Girl
19. Use egg cartons to store christmas ornaments.
20. Find yourself tossing batteries in an unused drawer? Instead, keep them organized in a tackle box.
21. Place screws, nails and picture fasteners inside of different jars or canisters.
22. Organize tights on a clothing hanger.
What I Wore
23. Keep all of the Christmas wrapping paper in a garment bag.
The Chic Site
24. Create a simple jewelry organizer by sticking tacks into a piece of wood trim.
Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart
25. Use unwanted wire hangers as a way to hang flip flops to free up floor space within the closet.
26. Cut a shoe organizer in half and place one under the bathroom sink and another under the kitchen sink to store cleaning supplies.
27. Metal magazine holders are for more than just magazines. Place them within a drawer to create an easy way to store aluminum foil and saran wrap.
The Wandmaker's Mother
28. You can also use magazine holders to store canned food.
29. Place a command strip behind the high chair to hang baby bibs.
30. Give your inner cabinet a new look with chalkboard paint and then add key hooks to the inside of the cabinet to store your measuring cups.
Tidbits From The Tremaynes
31. Use the fridge as a spice holder by placing magnetic strips on the jar lids.
32. Add shelves to open spaced areas to make the most of the empty space. Small areas can make for a great way to hold glasses.
33. Add a few racks and hooks for easy access to utensils that will dangle.
34. Use inexpensive shower curtain rings and a hanger to organize baseball caps.
Corn Flower Blue Studio
35. Hang bath products if you run out of room in the shower.
36. Use a fruit basket to store wet toys after bath time.
8 Foot 6
37. By using Lego's, you can create a one of a kind space that will keep your keys and USB cord organized.
38. Rather than leaving the basketballs, footballs and soccer balls lying around in the garage, use bungee cords to create a space for them in an area of the garage or shed.
Designed To Dwell
39. Place your washer and dryer on top of a shelf to allow room for laundry baskets underneath.
Sweet Pickins Furniture
40. Empty bottles can be transformed into bracelet holders.
41. Use crown molding to organize shoes within your closet.
DIY n Crafts
42. Add velcro to a dish towel so that it doesn't fall from wherever it is hanging.
Everyone loves a clutter free home. Please share these useful tips with friends and family!