Her Idea To Completely Transform An Old Shutter - Is So Stunning, I Want To Do This Too!
FaithTap Staff 6/12/2015
The best parts of a home can be beautiful window/door shutters. I don't t think enough people realize that a window or door shutter can have so much personality. Sometimes they're bright and make your home pop, sometimes they're crisp, clean and white, and other times they're cracked, worn and faded - but even so, they still have a charm and appeal to them that I find to be beautiful and unique. There's nothing like opening up a window shutter on a breezy day to let in some clean air and sunshine into your home.
Al Jones Architect
The good news is, shutters can be used for more than just accenting your doors or windows. These upcycle ideas are something that I can't wait to try within my own home for little to no cost.
1. Use an old shutter as the base to hold your herb garden.
2. Who knew shutters were a great place to store kitchen items.
3. Add a shutter bench to your dining room.
Liz Marie Blog
4. Or use it to hang all of your coats, purses and scarfs.
5. I love the versatility of this piece. You can store invitations, christmas cards, keys, mail and more!
Life As A Thrifter
6. What a cute angel for your garden!
7. A bookcase made from shutters.
8. Use shutters as a shelf to hold all of your dishes in the kitchen. We all know we have one too many dishes in our kitchen and can use the extra space!
9. Create a bird house for the yard.
10. Use multiple shutters as a room divider or changing screen.
11. Add a 'shutter island' to your kitchen.
Beyond The Picket Fence
12. Hang a shutter in your bedroom to display photos.
West Furniture Revival
13. Create a one of a kind headboard for your bed.
14. Do you fancy your coffee in the morning? Hang a mug wall in your kitchen.
15. Add shutters to a mirror to accent the entrance of your home.
My Shabby Soul
16. Use a rustic shutter as a table runner.
Buckets of Burlap
17. Or for extra corner shelving.
18. Create a wall divider made entirely of shutters to completely change a space.
Mobile Bay Mag
19. Have a nice place to sit when you're outside admiring nature.
My Repurposed Life
20. Your jewelry will be begging to be hung on a shutter. It's simple and will look great!
Style Me Pretty
21. Greet visitors with a welcome shutter near the entrance of your home to extend a warm welcome to friends and family when they visit. This is a very sweet gesture.
Momma and her Men
Check out local yard sales, thrift stores or your own home for great finds to plan your next at home project. I can't wait to add one to my bedroom!